Green sand casting is done by compressing a mixture of sand with natural ingredients, such as bentonite, to give it consistency and hardness. Since we produce high quality pieces, we control the hardness and moisture of the sand before casting.
Casting is done on an automated in-line carousel, where the molds are placed on a rotating belt, while casting is done by robot or manually.
The fact that the production is semi-automatic, allows us to obtain pieces quicker. We cast pieces of small and medium size, and with medium or long series.
If you want to know more about this process we recommend you to watch our videos or contact one of our commercials.
Facilities in the green sand casting process include:
- 1 modern molding carousel with a production capacity of 750 pieces per day
- 2 different box sizes of 450 x 500 and 600 x 950
- 1 casting robot integrated in melting tower (ABB)
- 1 melting and retention furnace
Facilities in the sand molding area include:
- 4 gas ovens (1,200 kg)
- 1 electric tilting furnace (800 kg)
- 1 automated sand core shooting machine
- 1 manual trigger for sand cores
- 1 sand recovery machine by attrition of 5 Tn/ Hour