Do you have a long series piece, with minimum thicknesses or need your pieces to have a smoother finish?
Then we recommend the gravity casting of aluminum with metal molds. This casting mold is a permanent metal mold with a longer life span
Before casting, we mount the molds on hydraulic machines and heat them so that they are ready for use. The preheating serves to avoid porosities and explosion during casting.
One advantage of Cofundi is that we work in three shifts, which allows continuous casting. This saves us time and gives us greater casting capacity.
We cast approx. between 300 and 15,000 pieces per month, weighing between 0.05 and 35 kg.
Our five electric furnaces with degassers are another quality feature for Cofundi.
These furnaces can contain between 250 and 500 kg of aluminum and ensure a continuous temperature.
Our facilities also have:
- 3 gas melting furnaces with a capacity of 1,500 kg
- 5 electric maintenance furnaces with a capacity of 250-500 kg
- 8 horizontal gravity die casting tables
- 5 vertical gravity die casting tables
- 3 gravity die casting tables with 3 or more axes
In our video,we explain again exactly how the casting process is carried out in a mold. Take a look.