Whether your piece is large and heavy, or has a complex geometry, the molding selected would probably be the manual molding of chemical sand
As this molding process is manual, it gives us a lot of flexibility and control over the production process, enabling us to make very short or unitary series
Our technical office guarantees that the piece is made according to the design.
Sand mixed with chemical components such as resin is used in the molding process. This mix achieves a certain hardness so that it has the necessary consistency during casting.
We control every step in detail, as well as the parameters of the sand with which we mold, both the hardness and the humidity, before casting.
The heaviest piece ever made at Cofundi weighed around 3,870 kg.
We also dare to cast your largest and heaviest pieces. We always find a suitable way to meet your demands.
In our area of sand casting we count with different and modern facilities
- 4 gas ovens (1,200 kg)
- 1 electric tilting furnace (800 kg)
- 1 automatic core box shooting machine
- 1 manual core box shooting machine
- 1 primary and secondary sand recovering machine by attrition of 5 t/hour
- 2 last generation continuous mixers of 7 t/h. and 20 t/h